date
modification day
author
남유경
hits

[Philippines] Demegillo Angela Pristine (Int'l Area & Studies, MA)

Philippines

Demegillo Angela Pristine

INTERNATIONAL AREA and STUDIES, MA Course

1. What made you choose PNU GSIS? 
I wanted to pursue a Masters’ Degree that would connect my Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, and my work experience studying policies of different countries. To me, the field of International Studies was the intersection. Searching through websites of universities offering Graduate School of International Studies programs, I saw that some courses in PNU are not yet offered in my home country.

2. What do you think about PNU GSIS?
The best thing about studying abroad is having classmates of different nationalities. Interacting with people with a different cultural background from your own challenges one’s perspective and encourages critical thinking. Classes are a safe place to discuss matters with respect and without bias.

3. Would you briefly introduce your country? Comparing your home country, what do you feel about living and studying in Korea?

I come from the Philippines, a country that has experienced rapid economic growth in the recent decade. However, that development is not felt by most so I became interested in studying inclusive growth. In my country, Korea is gaining a lot of attention because of cultural exports such as k-pop and k-drama. Also, a growing number of Koreans are in the Philippines as tourists, and some are staying longer to study, or to work. Past the language barrier, I find that there are similarities between Filipino and Korean cultures. Food in Korea is spicier, but the love for rice is there! Coming from a country famous for its beaches, Busan is a good place to be.

4. What is your future goal or plan after graduating from PNU GSIS? What do you strive for in your life?

I am working towards improving my Korean skills. After graduation, I hope to work for an organization that promotes cooperation between Korea and the Philippines.

file
there is no file