date
modification day
author
남유경
hits

[RUSSIA] SAIAANA GRIGOREVA (Int'l Trade, MA)

RUSSIA

SAIAANA GRIGOREVA

INTERNATIONAL TRADE, MA Course 

1. What made you choose PNU GSIS?

When I was undergraduate student in Russia, I volunteered at Russian-Korean summer camp, where I met students from PNU, who told me a lot about this University. Later on, while I was an exchange student in Korea, I came to travel to Busan, and fell in love with this city. So, when I was searching for Master’s programs in Korea, PNU was my first choice. I decided to apply for GSIS since it offers English classes and has great professors from different countries with rich backgrounds. Moreover, Busan is a port city, which is very useful for someone who wants to study logistics or trade.

2. What do you think about PNU GSIS?

I have learnt a lot here. My major (International Trade) had a great selection of courses both in English and Korean. Professors are all friendly and ready to help. During classes you can have discussions with students from all over the world, which helps you to look at the topic from so many different perspectives. For me, GSIS was like a family, there I met my close friends who made me feel like home, even though I was so far away from there.

3. Would you briefly introduce your country? Comparing to your home country what do you feel about living and studying in Korea?

I am from Russia, from the place called Yakutia, which is the largest republic in Russia. Yakutia is not only the biggest, but also the coldest land, where temperature during the winter can hit -50 degrees. My homeland has an amazing nature, very fresh air and lots of natural resources, mostly beautiful diamonds. University life in Russia is very different from Korea. Back in Russia, I could not choose my subjects, we used to have fixed schedule, so I loved that I was able to make my own schedule here. Also I love campuses in Korea, they have their own unique atmosphere with beautiful nature, cozy study cafes and convenient facilities. Before coming to Busan, I used to study in Korea as an exchange student, so my adaptation period in Busan was not that tough. I think that Korean people are very friendly and kind, and I am very happy that I met a lot of great people here.

4. What is your future plan after graduating from PNU GSIS? What do you strive for in your life?

Currently I am working at a trading company here in Busan, so I think that I am very lucky to have an opportunity to work in Korea, in the field that is directly related to my major. 

file
there is no file